Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Changes Day

My hair is fairly long.  Down to the midpoint of my back.  Today in two hours I am doing my every two years haircutting..not just trims of an inch or so to keep the layers the way I usually do. I find it's drawn back into a low pony tail most of the time so that tells me I am sick of it the way it is.  It has taken several months of courage to make the appointment to get it cut.  The most I allow when I do this is shoulder length.  That means touching the shoulders.  My hair stylist always says about these times that cutting my hair is a risk as she suspects cardiac arrest if she gets it too short,  I told her I'd just sue her for all the crafts she has and makes at her home when she has the time.

It's raining of course.  It was a cloudy day all day yesterday with rain starting in showers during the afternoon and certainly at night.  Today, rain.  Sigh.  Connie in KY gets about the same thing I think.  She  probably has dogwood blooms set already as I do.  They won't get ready and then bloom for several more weeks though.  Tulips are blooming too.  Amazing that all this started January 29th.  My favorite violets, purple and light blue are starring the yard and have been for weeks.  Un-natural albeit beautiful.

Daffodils are still looking good although the ones that came out blooming in January and early February are looking tired now.

Must go over the mountains again for another hard trip for another family day. The garandson is at military school and this will be the last one before he returns home.  Quick trip..back my usual Sunday as the pet sitting costs are scary (but worth it). Gas costs are going to be scary TOO.

Here are some of my daffodils.