Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Backyard Friends

 

 

 

 

IMG_3368_1 Red Cardinal

Male Northern Cardinal

 

 

Last week it was like summer here, but on a March day. Usually we still have snow and lots of it. This winter we hardly had snow at all and when we did it didn’t stay very long. I got off work early and decided to grab my e-book, my camera and something cold to drink, heading to sit and relax on my back deck.

It wasn’t long until I heard that sweet sweet sound of a singing Cardinal. I looked around and finally spotted him in a Spruce tree in my backyard. I slowly picked up my camera and took this picture. I waited all winter but didn’t see or hear a Cardinal in my yard until a few weeks ago. I was so excited and it has been coming back ever since. A few times he has brought his female partner with him. It has only been recently that I have been able to capture him with my camera. If I hadn’t been sitting there waiting for nature to come to me, I would have missed this opportunity. It was a perfect afternoon, and I really did need to just sit and relax for awhile. Just to be Still … Something that is so often taken for granted. For me it was something wonderful, just to sit and be still with a good book, my camera, a cold drink, and oh ya ; my little dog Jesse by my side keeping me company. :)

 

 

 

IMG_0635 Male Northern Cardinal

He decided to stop long enough to pose for me, and have a bite to eat at my Backyard Café.

 

 

Hope to find you all well and wishing you a wonderful rest of the week.

Love and Care

Dianne :)

And I can’t thank you enough for all your thoughts and prayers for my mom , my family and I. God Bless each and every one of you, and I know He does.

 

Dianne © dsphotocats