Thursday, April 14, 2011

Meet Resistance with Persistence

I feel like I’ve turned a corner somehow.  I have known a growing frustration with so many things whether that be the terrible price of gas to being so disgusted with the politics in this country and the sense that nobody is even fighting for the true cause behind what makes the news.  My son’s birthday was on Tuesday and that really started me to thinking about what was most important.  None of the world events can change the fact that God is still on the throne and His blessings are still relevant and even right in front of my face.  I’m going to really endeavor to keep things in perspective and that will effect my attitude toward blogging and even Face Book.  I’ve noticed a real drop in activity on my blog and on Face Book…or maybe that’s a drop in interest in what I’m doing…not really sure about that honestly.  Whatever the cause I will keep my focus and try to please God with it.  I believe that from that those that really do care and support me will be blessed in turn and those that don’t care…well, what does that matter to me? 

Our weather took yet another down turn that unfortunately will last for at least five days outside of Friday which looks pretty good.  H remain so thankful for memories that are archived from our trips past!  I wish I could look out the door and see bamboo forestsinstead of grey skies and brown grass still attempting to turn green.  It’s good to see spring show up on my friend’s blogs too!  Recently one of the blogs I follow put up some pictures that were from a graveyard…strange to see signs of spring there don’t you think?  I have a bit of a morbid side as those that know me can testify.  I took several pictures of the graveyards of Japan.  I want to do that in Europe someday…but I don’t know if anyone would want to join me!  The Japanese had many things dedicated to seeking favor or luck from spiritual sourcesbut as for me I will continue to seek God who makes those that believe His temple.  Oh how I miss the well cared for gardens and ancient trees of Japan!  Have you ever walked in the rain with someone you love?  I have in a place that has beauty that is beyond anything I’ve witnessed anywhere else.  Some things I can’t imagine seeing anywhere else in the world.  Yes, Japan is very unique.  I’m not sure of the color orange has some significant meaning but it does cause these doors to pop don’t you think?  Everywhere in the places you visit in Japan you can find stations to wash your hands in very pure but icy cold water.  I couldn’t get used to the familiarity of pine forests that I know so well here in Montana being the backdrop to ancient temples that were anything but familiar to me.  I found myself often trying to read the signs before I caught myself and realized it was way beyond me to do so!  Unusual shrines were everywhere…even on the side of a well used road.  Spectacular ropes garnished with lightning bolt decorations graced particularly special sights.  We walked through the tori gates in the pouring rain…I felt the profound sense that God was speaking to us about stepping into a new chapter of our lives.  They say walking in such a place is one of the things that you simply must do before you die and I believe it.  I say this with tears in my eyes in light of all that’s happened.  Lovely and I have often spoken of going here during the cherry blossom season.  Lovely and I weren’t the only ones who made friends with those who spoke a different language.  I think there must be a place like this in heaven somehow.  Sometimes the most beautiful light you can ever know is through the leaves.  I would like to walk this place in the evening when stone lanterns are lit.  For now I must be satisfied with faith.  Faith that there’s always a silver lining and hope through God in whom I place my faith.  The mysterious courtyards of life can never be opened without turning the key of faith.